1871

The tannery is founded
by Johann Rendenbach jr.

1910

After 39 succesful years of business Johann Rendenbach leaves the tannery to his son.

1920

The successor begins to modernise the profitable enterprise, installing a steam engine and mechanical shredder to rationalise preparation of tanning materials.

1944

During an air raid the company buildings are completely destroyed.

1948

The tannery takes up production again. Tanning can recommence in the original oak tanning pits, which have survived the war unscathed.

1957

Hans Rendenbach takes over management and continues to back traditional oak-bark ground-tanning.

1985

Under Hanns Rendenbach jr. the company goes into the 4th generation.

1993

Demand for die-cut products necessitates the addition of a cutting workshop.

1996

Laser technology is applied to optimise quality control.

2007

The outstanding quality of Rendenbach products is established worldwide. Due to the demand for pre-assembled units, Hanns Rendenbach expands the firm to include a modern production line.

2010

The Rendenbach tannery undergoes certification.